The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy is an exciting new program designed to get dog owners and their puppies off to a good start. The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program is an incentive program for loving dog owners who have taken the time to take their puppies through this basic training class.
THE BENEFITS OF TRAINING
Training classes teach you how to best communicate with your puppy. Organized training classes also provide an opportunity for your dog to socialize with other dogs. In classes aimed at earning the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy distinction, you’ll be able to get information on all of your puppy-raising questions including housetraining, chewing, and the most effective way to teach practical skills such as coming when called. AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy training is a natural lead in to the AKC® Canine Good Citizen® Program.
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS
When you complete our AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy* Class with your puppy (up to 1 year old), your puppy is eligible to be enrolled in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program*. Your instructor will administer the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test at the end of this course. Upon passing the test, you’ll get an application to send to AKC® for enrollment in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program. All dogs are welcome to participate in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program including purebreds and mixed breeds.
YOUR PUPPY WILL RECEIVE
- AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Medal (for display or memento purposes; not suitable as a collar tag).
- You and your puppy will be listed in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy records.
In addition, so that you can continue learning, you’ll receive an AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy package that includes:
- A beautiful, frameable certificate designating your puppy is in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Records at AKC
- AKC Puppy Handbook, a valuable resource
- Discount to enroll in AKC Companion Animal Recovery Corporation, a 24-hour recovery service
- Ongoing Monthly Email Newsletter: Your AKC. This includes training tips and up-to-date information every dog owner needs to know. We want you and your puppy to continue learning beyond puppy classes.
$75.00 per dog (Limit 10 dogs per class)
Pay online through the class registration form (see link above)
Starting January 15, 2020
Open to all breeds and mixed breeds.
Classes fill fast (Limit 10 dogs per class
Dogs at the time of their first class, must be between the ages of 8 weeks to 12 months old
Dogs need to have proper vaccinations for their age
6 ft leash
Check choke collar only
Dog treats (large soft treats work best)
Basic grooming supplies (instructor will let you know ahead when to bring these to class)
INSTRUCTOR CONTACT INFORMATION
Training Director: Jeri El Dissi